- Dewatering design
- Hydrogeological studies
- Numerical modelling
- Soil & groundwater remediation
- Geothermal energy storage
- Geophysical prospection & camera inspection
Soil & groundwater remediation
AGT is recognised by the Flemish Government as a soil remediation expert. The modelling of groundwater flow and contamination transport is executed in the frame of soil remediation projects, for the government, private companies or other consultants.
A clear workflow
A soil remediation project consists in general of three phases:
- An exploratory soil investigation to determine if there are strong indications of soil contamination;
- A detailed soil investigation to delineate the nature, spatial spread and concentration of the contaminants;
- The actual soil remediation, where the technical and financial details of the remediation system are described.
A soil investigation involves apart from the standard procedures of sample collection and analysis also a thorough study of the underground based on borehole logs, cone penetration tests of more advanced techniques such as MIP (Membrane-Interface-Probing for volatile organic compounds) or near-surface geophysical prospection (detection of underground utilities or storage tanks, detailled mapping of soil physical properties).
Advantages of an independant consultant
The costs of a soil remediation are often considerable. As an independant consultant without exclusive relations with a larger entity, we can search the market for the most cost-effective solution for field work and sample analysis. This free-market position also allows us to work as subcontractor for other remediation consultants, to answer complicated, groundwater-related remediation questions.